Search This Blog

Friday, July 22, 2011

Interactive Whiteboards

I stopped by school today to check out the "state" of my classroom.  The beginning of the school year is only a few weeks away, and I will be out of town for part of that, so time to think about getting things ready.

Anyway, I was so thrilled to see that they've installed my new SMARTboard and mounted my projector on the ceiling!  I frequently used my projector, so it is more than nice to have it off the cart and out of the way.  I've checked out a SMARTboard to use a few times, but now that I have my own, I  can use it all the time.  Does anyone else have one of these?  In what ways do you incorporate it into lessons?



As you can see, my classroom isn't ready for me, otherwise.  Hopefully it will be soon!

5 comments:

  1. Oooh! I am jealous that you don't have carpet! Keeping the floor clean is a challenge for me. I finally got my projector installed in the ceiling last spring, too, and I LOVE it! No more tripping over cords and moving a cart out of the way. Over the years I have created a lot of PowerPoints to go along with various lessons and I also like taking my students on online 'field trips' to museums (like MOMA).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, having a tile floor is great! Just have to watch out for spills and get them wiped up right away before someone falls. Great idea with the museums.. perhaps the google art project would be a great site to use.. I have yet to use it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In our school we have many smartboards, but not in art class!

    We will get a new building this year with new class-rooms so maybe I will have one in September. I think you can do great things with such a board!

    Maybe, if I get one, we can exchage some stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a smartboard last year, ActivInspire. It was amazingly wonderful! If you want to show images, just upload them from the internet and there they are...at your fingertips! Want to show a step-by-step demo? Draw the first lines, then copy it to the next 'page' and add on. Keep doing that until you finish. The kids love it and you can go back if you need to. Add color, change color, anything!

    You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lucky! I wish I had a SMARTboard. If I did, I would show powerpoints all the time. As it is, I have found a way to put powerpoints on my ipod and hook that up to a TV. When I was at Dartmouth High, the first activity the kids had to do in intro to Art was research an art career and present it using the SMARTboard. I think I would also use it to introduce vocabulary in a more interactive way. enjoy your new toy and good luck with the school year!

    ReplyDelete