Search This Blog

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Interactive Whiteboards, cont'd

Well, I have to say, the SMART board has been amazing so far!  I'm using it daily, even if just for simple things such as showing images and being able to "draw" on the pictures to point out certain parts.  I've also used it to put up the lesson directions and used the bottom portion of the screen to demonstrate drawing parts of the lessons.. or even have students come up and share their drawing ideas.  However, I then erase all the examples before students get to work to help curb some students' urge to copy.

Here's a lesson I just started with my 3rd graders.  Part of their art curriculum for the 1st quarter is drawing 3D shapes and demonstrating an understanding of foreground, middleground and background.  I combined the two objectives together:




I am excited about the drawings that they have started.  They've come up with great ideas on how to use the 3D shapes in their space scenes.  I will post pictures when they are finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment