Search This Blog

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Art show compliment cards

I've been a bit absent the past couple months.  Honestly, I'm not sure where the time went, but I know it was very busy!  I have a lot of great pictures ready to post, so hopefully I'll be getting back into the swing of it soon.

Meanwhile, I thought I'd share these compliment cards written to artists who entered something in our school's art show.  Actually, they all enter artwork, all wrote compliment cards to someone else, and all got at least one for themselves.  Come to think of it, that's where my time went!  When writing these compliments, I wanted them to stretch beyond, "I like it," or, "it's cool."  They had to say more.. they had to THINK!  I even had the kindergartners do it, which was precious.  They dictated to me what they wanted to say, I wrote it, and they signed their name and did a drawing of the artwork. 

Here's a few of my favorites that either made me laugh, smile or both:


3 comments:

  1. How great...I am going to do this with my students when we get back from Spring Break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of comment cards. It's lovely for the artists to get feedback. We are having a show in May, and I think I'll take this idea and use it. Thanks.

    I have one question though. One comment says something about "winning first place". Is your show juried? Who makes the decisions? Our show is just a show, so I'm wondering what other people do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phyl-
    I do get (participant) ribbons for everyone and hang them all up. I ask other art teacher's to come pick out a 1st, 2nd and 3rd for each grade. The principal also picks out some principals awards.

    I've done it both ways; with ribbons and without. I haven't felt any negative repercussions of using the ribbons and it's fun to see how excited they get for receiving one every year.

    ReplyDelete