This year I'm trying out something new with a bulletin board. I really wanted the students to see just how much they learn about art throughout the school year, so they're keeping tabs of all the vocabulary words, art processes, media and artists they learn about during the lessons on a Word Wall. I keep blank index cards on or near the board so anytime a student suggests a new word to add to the wall, they can grab it, write the word, decorate it, and staple it up. So far, they've been very good at pointing out words they can add on!
Here's pictures of the word walls at each of my schools:
Vincent, living to paint
2 weeks ago
This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing! I might have to use this idea!
ReplyDeleteI love this! I actually have all of those cards and I am definitely going to use this in my room too. I have one that is divided into "tools" "artists" and "kinds of art." It is not alphabetical--just chronological. Good reinforcement of ideas!
ReplyDeleteLauren Taylor
www.sgpart.blogspot.com
Thanks for the comments! The kids get more and more into adding new words every week!
ReplyDelete